Nov 19, 2010

Willow Smith Cites Billy Idol, Her Parents As Influences; Makes Our Ovaries Hurt

willow_smithgettyimages
The only problem with Willow Smith’s Whip My Hair is that now if we have kids and they aren’t preternaturally adorable fashionista rock stars, we’re going to be extremely disappointed. Extremely disappointed. In the new Willow Smith interview in W magazine, girl is so adorable our ovaries are practically in tears. Says the tiniest diva, “I like the way Billy Idol sings. Mommy turned me on to him. And I like Lady Gaga’s songs.” So congratulations, Billy Idol and Lady Gaga. Today is the best day of your lives.Despite what you might think from Willow’s fashion sense, dance moves and other shots she calls like a boss, she is in fact only in elementary school. In case you thought otherwise, Willow explains, “I can’t do whatever I want. Mommy has to say it’s okay.” You know, like if Willow has to cross the street, or stay late after school, or devastate us with another amazing pop hit.  HOW IS THIS GIRL THIS CUTE? She’s actually a Muppet, right? As for the origins of her insane talent, Willow credit ‘rents Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, saying “Mommy and Daddy inspired me to be a performer. I get my flow from Daddy, my singing ability from Mommy, and the camera stuff from both. That’s just what happens when you hang out with the Smiths!” If by “camera stuff” she means “more swagger than Big Pimpin-era Jay-Z”, then yeah, we’d have to agree.  So we guess Willow’s insane fashion choices is all her own then? That’s something every parent should be proud of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment