Oct 26, 2010

Ryan Gosling Says The Mickey Mouse Club Was “Depressing”, Mainly Because He Sucked At It

57001766
We can imagine plenty of reasons why Ryan Gosling might remember the The Mickey Mouse Club as “depressing”: insane stage mothers, hideous outfits, lax child labor laws.  Or was it because, as Gosling mentions in an interview with Steve Carrell, “in my age bracket, there were seven kids, three of whom were Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and Justin Timberlake.” Explains Gosling, “It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn’t really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do.” No wonder Gosling thought he blew! Imagine being compared to 3 of the biggest pop superstars of the past 15 years. Also, you’re 8.
Reminiscences Ryan, “I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I’d have a sketch here or there, but I didn’t end up working that much, which was disheartening.”  If it makes you feel any better Ryan, now you’re starring in a hotly anticipated movie with Michelle Williams and Britney Spears has pretty much forgotten how to dance…or sing…or do pretty much anything that would require concentration. And Christina Aguilera may have been an adorable child, but now? She’s looking like Marilyn Monroe got trapped in a tanning bed. From where we’re sitting, you and Timberlake are neck-and-neck for Least Fail. And that is not a depressing place to be at all. [Photos: Getty Images]

0 comments:

Post a Comment