Oct 19, 2010

Kanye Says Wal-Mart Banned His Album

Kanye West’s new album cover, which looks like a vaguely erotic finger painting, has been banned by a chain that sells firearms. West has stated on his Twitter that Wal-Mart is refusing to carry his upcoming “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” record because the artwork features a small image of a nude male being straddled an armless winged figure. “They don’t want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!” he tweeted, summing up the assault on his first amendment rights.
“So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can’t have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings?” he continued. “I know that cover just blew yall minds … I wish yall could see how hard I’m smiling right now!!! In all honesty … I really don’t be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers #Kanyeshrug!” You know when he Kanyeshrugs he’s just getting started. “I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity.”
Wal-Mart is the worlds largest CD retailer, representing a massive ten percent of the domestic music sales. Understandably, Kanye is a little pissed about having his “true creativity” messed with. Let it be known: Wal-Mart doesn’t care about armless phoenixes.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment