Nov 4, 2010

Details of T.I.'s No Mercy Revealed

The incarcerated rapper says the album was 'inspired by my most recent best and worst life experiences.'

On Wednesday, MTV's "The Seven" aired a taped message from incarcerated rapper T.I. announcing that his upcoming album will be called No Mercy, and would drop on December 7. Now, new details are emerging about the LP, which the embattled Atlanta MC recorded earlier this year following his release from the same low-security Arkansas prison where he's serving his current, 11-month sentence.
No Mercy, the rapper's seventh album and first release since 2008's double-platinum Paper Trail, features guest spots from Kanye West, Eminem, Chris Brown, The-Dream and Christina Aguilera. The disc, which was formerly known as King Uncaged, also includes production from such superstar knob twiddlers as Dr. Luke ("Magic," "Right Round"), Danja ("My Love," "Knock You Down") and Jim Jonsin ("Whatever You Like," "Lollipop").

"This album represents some of my best work inspired by my most recent best and worst life experiences," Tip says in a new message posted on his official website. "They say adversity brings forth inspiration so y'all can imagine how inspired I've been during the recording process for this album. I've been taking stock of myself and digesting everyone's comments and criticisms. Now it's my turn to express myself and take you into my mind. The real won't hate and the truth won't wait! If God is with me who can be against me."
The album's cover, which also was unveiled on the rapper's site, features a black-and-white photo of a contemplative T.I. looking down and holding his right hand up to his cheek.
In addition, a video for No Mercy's title track, a collaboration with Tip's "Takers" co-star Brown, can now be seen on the website after premiering on Wednesday night on BET's "106th & Park." In the clip, shot last month in Atlanta, In the video for the redemption song with his "Takers" co-star and much-maligned singer Brown, the superstar rapper reflects on his previous slip-ups.
In the taped message that aired on MTV's "The Seven," which T.I. recorded before beginning his prison sentence for probation violations, the rapper thanked his faithful followers for their support.
"I wanna give a shout-out to my fans for standing by me all this time," he said. "Without you, I'm nothing. You all make it all possible. I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart and you'll hear more from me soon. Hold it down until I get back to you."
T.I. was sentenced to nearly a year in prison a few weeks ago after getting arrested in Los Angeles with his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, in September on drug-possession charges. The incident was ruled a violation of his probation stemming from a weapons-charge conviction handed down last year.
Cottle also was charged with misdemeanor drug possession in connection with the September incident, and pleaded not guilty on Monday, the same day T.I. began his sentence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment